How To Make Your Office Environmentally Friendly
Contrary to popular belief, care of the environment isn’t the sole responsibility of the government or organizations like the WWF; it is a job for all of us. The good news is, you don’t have to turn into a hermit to contribute. Even small things like reusing paper, supporting recycled products or resisting the urge to throw trash on the streets can make a sizeable impact if we all do it together.
Earn Mother Earth’s seal of approval by following these simple, no-nonsense ways to turn your office into an environmentally friendly workplace:
- Encourage your office to switch to paper products and other office items made from post-consumer recycled content that look, feel and function like regular paper.
- Print only what you need. In this digital age, most information can be shared using technology such as smart phones, tablets or good old office email. Refrain from printing hundreds of copies of office memorandums just to let everybody know where the Christmas Party would be held; just send a group email and that’s it!
- Use both sides of paper. Before you throw away a piece of paper, see if it can be reused as scratch or to print items that aren’t going to be used officially such as memos or documents that still needs to be edited.
- Start a carpool group. If some of your co-workers live near one another, talk to them about starting a carpool instead of taking their individual cars to work every day. Save on gas, use the carpool lane and gain new friends!
- Use environmentally friendly giveaways. Custom On It has a wide range of highly customizable giveaways that are made with Mother Nature’s interest in mind. Here are a couple of ideas:
Recycled Custom Shopping Totes
Choose from 13 different colors! These bags are made of 100% recycled materials and are sure to catch your customer’s eye with your customized design.
Paper Cups – Cold Beverages – 12oz
Serve your patrons some of your best cold beverages in your own personalized cups
Custom Snap Top Tin Candles w/ All Natural Soy Wax
Not only does Soy wax candles release less toxins in the air, they also burn for longer than ordinary candles! Select your favorite scent and attach your logo on the stylish tin cans and you’re good to go!
Helping out the environment is a team effort. Start making small changes in your own home, community and office today!